Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Are You a Real Estate Professional



I think everyone in our industry will acknowledge that we find ourselves in a very challenging market. I consider this to be a time of great opportunity. I know that Real Estate careers will be made in the coming year and smart agents will take their "unfair share" of the market in a way that will help them build their brand and their business for years to come. Likewise, agents will leave the real estate business in record numbers if they don't have the skills, systems and support needed to sustain them.

This is a time when many agents are considering their options...and they should be.

In considering your options please ask yourself the following questions:

1. Does my company have a retirement program in place for me? Do the owners share their profits with agents in addition to paying commissions?

2. Does my company's Risk Management program include training, E&O insurance and an attorney on call and does it cost $600 a year or less?

3. Does my company's commission structure limit (cap) the amount of money the company takes and allow me to go to 100% commission split?

4. If my company is a franchise does it limit (cap) the Royalty fee or franchise fee I pay?

5. Does my company offer an in-house training program that gives me the systems, models and dialogues I need to be competitive in today's market?

6. Is my Manager/Owner NON competing? Is all the referral business coming into my office referred to the agents in my office?

7. Does my company permit me to put MY name and cell phone number on For Sale signs on MY listings thus assuring sign calls go to me?

8. May I put my name and cell number in my listings when they are advertised in the company ad?

9. Does my company have an in-house coaching program with a full time professional coach on staff who is dedicated to helping agents build their brand and their business?

10. Does my company have state of the art technology tools, a Technology Director and an in-house technology training program?

11. Does my company open its books monthly so I can see how the money I make for them is being spent?

12. Do I have a say in company policies and the way in which my office is run?

13. Has my company's Market Share grown dramatically over the past year?

14. Do I love where I work? Is the culture of my office and the attitude of the support staff upbeat, positive and service oriented? Do I feel like the valued customer of my office?

15. Does my company consider me to be their partner and a valued asset?

If your answer to any of these questions is No, please consider that you have options and may want to explore them.

If the answer to most of them is No, we should talk as soon as possible! I would love to share with you what your options truly are.

My cell phone number is (206) 696-9240; my e-mail address is maryam@kw.com. Please call me right now. All conversations will be held in strictest confidence.

2008 is the Year of Opportunity, may it be your best year in real estate ever!

Maryam Mirnateghi

Team Leader

Keller Williams Realty

No comments: